Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So-shully Netwerkhed.

What do you think about the verb "tweet" ? We all thought "google" was weird until we started doing it to each other.

In my journalism class on Monday, my group and I presented about new media, including Twitter, and especially interesting was the use of the social networking sites during the Iran protests. Here is just one article:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6524127.ece


Usually, I push twitter out of the nest. I clip its wings: It's creepy, stalker-prone, and grossly hyperactive. But in the Iran elections, it's been a way for protesters to get around the limitations of their government and tell the world about their impassioned struggles.

The bad (and absolutely hilarious) side of social networking? How college kids use it to be self-loving. This blog is read by a lot of my family, so I'm not going to post a link to The Onion's hilarious video on facebook and twitter use at NYU (it's a bit dirty). But if you wanted to see it, you should look for it.

No comments: