Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Play Me, I'm Yours.

Thirty pianos are scattered around London for anyone to play and listen.

Link Tapping out a ragtime tune. Photo by Joshua Brewer

It's part of the City of London Festival.

I've been enjoying the sounds. I also visited the Tower of London, saw an exhibit on torture, and saw where Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII's second wife, lost her head. I also saw that famous king's personal armor, and all the armor for his horses.

I'm reading The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir, which is about Queen Elizabeth, Henry and Anne's daughter. A feisty redhead. So seeing all that was for my mama, because she loved that book and loves English history. And she's a feisty redhead.

But my dinner that night (our favorite) was all for my dad:

Oysters!! Sweet nectar of life! Photo by CJ Lotz

That night, I saw Billy Elliot the musical. It is unfair that any child should dance that well, be that adorable, and make everyone in the audience cry that hard when he sings about his family. Ok, so maybe I've been missing mine.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Wasn't Tower of London crazy? Could you believe you were standing in the same place as some of the most famous people in history? I couldn't!