Sunday, June 28, 2009

Getting close to the end

I've been wrapping up my time here, writing papers, seeing the last of the roses, gorging on French food and tonight having a barbecue with my workmates (I'm teaching them to make s'mores!)

Roses in Regent's Park, photo by Joshua Brewer.


I'm excited for next week, visiting Dublin then going home for 4 days before setting off for Haiti. The reading list for the class I'm taking while over there looks awesome:


Danticat, Edwidge, 2008 Brother, I’m Dying.

Desmangles, Leslie. 1992. Faces of the Gods: Vodou and Roman Catholicism in Haiti.

Dupuy, Alex. 2007. The Prophet and Power: Jean-Bertrand Aristide, the International community, and Haiti.

Fatton, Robert Jr. 2002. Haiti’s Predatory Republic: The Unending Transition to Democracy.

Roumain Jacques. 1987. Masters of the Dew.

1 comment:

Blondone said...

Edwidge Danticat is amazing. Love the short stories.