Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving. Mine consisted of trying to gulp down spoonfuls of mashed sweet potatoes.

My advice for people getting their wisdom teeth removed: Just because you feel all right the first day doesn't mean you can't turn into a chipmunk the second. Put the ice on your face. I look like I'm storing up for three consecutive winters. I should have just stuck it out and looked like a babushka with an ice-stuffed shawl tied around my face.

Other tips:

1. Soup without chunks. I can't tell if there's a bit of skin or mushroom stuck under my stitches.
2. Vicodin isn't that great. I took Ibuprofen instead and could stay awake without being too loopy.
3. Be aware of mood swings. The second I stood up from the chair, I was bawling. "Mahhhmmm I'm not sad, I'm just cryyyying." Like other emotional incidences involving events that don't really mean anything, it passes.

No comments: